Benefits of an Official Plan
An official plan:
- Lets the public know what the municipality's general land use planning policies are.
- Makes sure that growth is coordinated and meets the community’s needs.
- Helps members of the community understand how their land may be used now and in the future.
- Helps decide where roads, watermains, sewers, dumps, parks and other services will be built.
- Provides a framework for establishing municipal zoning by-laws to set local regulations and standards, like the size of lots and height of buildings.
- Provides a way to evaluate and settle conflicting land uses while meeting local, regional and provincial interests.
- Shows Council's commitment to the future growth of the community.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link